Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Lets Start from the Very Beginning...Not

This past year has been a year to remember. My life changed November 3rd, 2012 when I was crowned Miss West Sound 2013. Not only was I going to get to serve my community for a year, but I was also able to represent Kitsap County at the Miss Washington pageant this past July. It was an amazing feeling to know I was one step away from being on the Miss America stage.

Being Miss West Sound was a goal I had been working to achieve for the past 3 years, when I first started competing in pageantry. The moment my name was called was a feeling I will never forget. I was overwhelmed with emotion, happiness, and relief that all my hard work had paid off. I had also walked away with the Marie C. Scully Memorial Scholarship, Most Ticket Sales, People's Choice, 4 Points of the Crown, Director's Award, and the Liberty Bay Auto Community Service Scholarship, which amounted to over $4,000 in scholarship from that infamous night. It took weeks before it hit me that I was actually going to be competing on the Miss Washington stage in a matter of months. My dream had come true.

The week of Miss Washington was a week I will never forget. I got to hang out with 21 of the most beautiful girls in the state and do incredibly memorable activities, from volunteering at the Seattle Children's Hospital, to partaking in the experience of iFly. Competing on the Miss Washington stage was a dream come true for me, but the highlight of my week was the moment that I was called into the Top 10 on Finals Night. It was completely unexpected and in that moment I felt like I had won the entire pageant. On top of that, I was awarded the "Rookie of the Year" scholarship at the Awards Banquet. I was awarded $2,500 in scholarship at the state pageant, which summed up my total of over $7,000 in scholarship throughout my reign as Miss West Sound.

The relationships I have made with the girls from the Miss Washington Class of 2013 are the greatest rewards I could've gained. These women are amazing people who are just trying to make a difference like I am, but they are also a whole lot of fun and more normal than people would expect. It is hard to not fall in love with these girls.

It is definitely IMPOSSIBLE to not fall in love with my Miss West Sound's Outstanding Teen though. Although it was a rough start, it has grown to be an amazing year with the little sister I never had. I love this girl and we have helped each other to grow in so many ways, it is going to be so hard to not see her as often after this journey is over.

In 1 month from today, the new contestants for Miss West Sound and Miss West Sound's Outstanding Teen will be walking in to compete in the private interview competition and 1 month  from tomorrow we will be crowning a new Miss West Sound and Miss West Sound's Outstanding Teen. I am so glad that so many of my Miss Washington sisters will be there to support me and I am so grateful that I have even had this opportunity.

But even though my Miss West Sound journey is coming to an end, this blog is JUST BEGINNING! I plan to utilize this blog to not only promote my passion for pageantry, but also my main passion in life: music. It is a platform I live every single day of my life and have grown to make a living out of as a Private Piano and Voice Teacher. Through this blog there will be tips on learning Piano, how to sing properly, and even how to fundraise for music programs in YOUR schools.

Music is universal in all languages and is something that can bring people together that live on opposite sides of the earth. To provide unity, music must co-exist. I hope you all will enjoy the "wisdom" I have to offer in the upcoming posts!




No comments:

Post a Comment